Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting things rolling again

A quick recap from the past few months:
Work a lot - run a little.
Actually I had a pretty good 2011 racing season even though it was too long. I raced in the Bad Marsh night Ultra in May, the Rock Creek 3 Day stage race in June and my very own creation, the Cremator Ultra Marathon - 50 miler in July. I was forced to take all of August off due to some pretty serious back pain which I was able to relax with massage and acupuncture.
I was able to kick my training back into gear in October by racing another night trail race (15 miler) and crush the field with a 1:43:23 and felt great. This was the first time I wore my new Brooks Pure Grits and loved every step in them!
We also kicked off a new routine of Wednesday night Ultra training runs with Paul & Gary. This always makes for great conversation and future race planning.
I decided (last minute) not to run the 2011 Savannah Rock n Roll Marathon as I just thought the race would tear me up without the solid base I wish I had in. No worries! I was able to walk down the stairs the next morning and with Mad Marsh coming up in less than a week, it was probably the right decision for me. Plus I got to spend the whole day with the kids - which is always a treat!!
My race calendar currently looks like:
November 19, 2011 - Mad Marsh 50K
December 3, 2011 - Enmark Savannah Bridge Run 5k followed by 10K (Double Pump)
January 7, 2012 - Harbison 50K
February 11, 2012 - Delirium Ultra 24 hour Run (Goal of at least 100 miles)
April 7, 2012 - Croom Fools Run 50 Miler
May 2012 - Bad Marsh 50K
June - Rock Creek Stage Race - 20, 18, 22
July 28, 2012 - Cremator Ultra 50 Miler
October 6, 2012 - Arkansas Traveller 100 Miler
Be sure to check out my latest race, which is about to fill up!!! Delirium Ultra 24 Hour Endurance Race - February 11, 2012. it features a 6, 12, and 24 hour event with awesome race swag!!!

www.lowcountryultras.com

www.facebook.com/deliriumultra

www.ultrasignup.com


No comments:

Post a Comment